Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Justice is what love looks like in public."

Call+Response is a must see.  I found the trailer on the apple website in their movie trailer section.  This movie is a response to the millions of slaves around the world.  Sex slaves, work slaves or I guess we could just call them modern day slaves.  What is our response as Christians to this injustice?  How long will we have to wait until the church rises to the occasion of defending the poor, pleading the case of the widow and the orphan?  During this time of election it should be on the fore front of the questions we ask the white house.  What will you do to end modern day slavery?

Teenagers like Zach Hunter and Sally Rymer  (both 17) are beating us to the punch.  This generation is tired of what we did not do.  I'm including myself.  This generation is standing up and actually being pro-active in the long awaited day to the end of poverty and oppression.  This is what inspires me to believe in our future generations.  Barack Obama was quoted to say, "We can't leave a mountain of debt to the future generations" and with this being true, I don't see it happening.  We will leave a mountain of debt for our future generations but it's kids like these that give me hope for my own boys that they can rise above this and look beyond what we destroyed.  

Every night I speak, over my sons as they sleep, these few words.  "I believe in you.  You are a world-changer and a peace-maker.  I love you."

What can we do to make a change?  

1 comment:

Lissa Anglin said...

Hey Ricky- I didn't know you had a blog! Very cool!

Depends on just how fancy you want to get. I always take this guy's advice though:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Take a look and I'm sure you'll find exactly what you need. Have a great day!