Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Answered Prayers.

To be completely honest with you, this whole bailout thing is exactly what the American people need.  It is what I need.  I label myself as the problem in the economy.  I have debt.  None of it bad debt but debt is debt.  Seeing that the U.S. Government wants to bail these rich guys out that made a mess at Wall Street does not surprise me nor does it make me ask, "Well why don't they bail me out?"  However it does make me ask the question, is God answering our prayers?  Scary thought.

For the longest time now we (American Christians) have asked God to come back to our land. We have begged him in song and in prayers and in liturgies that we sense His absence here so we want Him to come back.  The thing is, we expect Him to fall in line with the American way.  I know, I know, here I go again talking about God not being an American or doing what we say.  But seriously, we have prayed for Him to do His will and He might just be doing that.

With the fail of the passing of the $700 billion bail-out or "rescue plan" flat out scares me.  But what scares me even more is God actually answering our prayers.  His way is the best way, I know that.  But God doesn't have an agenda that looks like ours.  His "bail-out" plan might look a lot like us not getting into debt and a lot of people at Wall street going bankrupt.  It might even mean us getting a little uncomfortable.  

So I wonder, is God answering our prayers?

"I believe in the American people.  I believe we can do without a lot of what we have.  I believe we can say no to credit.  I believe we can live on very little.  I believe in the American people." - Glenn Beck 

4 comments:

Zach Dietz said...

Love it man! You inspired me to create a blog! ha
http://zachsrandombrain.blogspot.com/

Zach Dietz said...

It's awesome man! How's being a dad?? I'm hoping to hold off on that end for a while...ha

domineivimus said...

Don't quote glenn beck like you listen to him everyday. if you did there would be no way you would vote for Barack Obama and this current bailout. No way in heaven or hell could you be for those things. Shasta and I listen to him every day so don't go there.

Are you ever going to email us back? Just wondering. We are waiting.

domineivimus said...

sorry just saw that you did email up back. thanks. going to read that now.